From Illinois Review
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 2017
WILL COUNTY CONSIDERS VOTE TO SAVE TAXPAYERS BY ENDING ELECTED OFFICIALS’ PENSIONS
“Elected officials should not take the pension. Pensions are for a career not for public servants who can change with each election,” board member Steve Balich wrote in an appeal he sent out Friday to Will County taxpayers.
While the Republican majority on the county board already ended pensions for board members, this week’s vote will affect the county’s elected officials, including the clerk, clerk of the circuit court, sheriff, auditor, treasurer, states attorney, coroner, county executive, regional office of education, and recorder of deeds, Balich wrote.
“Currently these officials receive a salary of $90,000 plus and benefits,” his appeal said.
“[County Board member] Mike Fricilone and I did not take the pension, and agree on the statement made by Mike Fricilone at the 8/10/2017 Executive Committee,” Balich wrote.
Asking Will County taxpayers to contact their board members before Thursday night’s meeting, Balich said there is no enforcement how many hours they work as they answer only to the public.
“The IMRF the pension plan only requires 600 hours per year which is 11 ½ hours a week with reporting by the elected office holder. Pension double-dipping is another problem,” he wrote.
Balich wrote,”PLEASE CALL YOUR CONTACT YOUR COUNTY BOARD MEMBER AND TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WANT ELECTED OFFICE HOLDERS TO GET A PENSION,” and listed their names, numbers and emails:
- Steve Balich, District 7 (R-Homer Glen) Phone: 815-557-7196 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darren Bennefield, District 5 (R-Aurora) Phone: 312-479-8478 email@example.com
- Herbert Brooks, Jr., District 8 (D-Joliet), Minority Leader Phone: 815-726-7080 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Dollinger, District 10 (R-Joliet) Phone: 815-210-6684 email@example.com
- Mark Ferry, District 13 (D-Plainfield) Phone: 815-436-6119 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Fricilone, District 7 (R-Homer Glen) Phone: email@example.com
- Gretchen Fritz, District 5 (R-Plainfield) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Gould, District 6 (R-Shorewood) Phone: 815-744-2669 Phone: 815-725-7665 email@example.com
- Kenneth Harris, District 4 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-605-8751 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Hart, District 11 (R-Naperville) Phone: 630-745-7783 email@example.com
- Tim Kraulidis, District 13 (R-Joliet) Phone: 815-999-1917 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyler Marcum, District 10 (D-Joliet) Phone: 815-600-3985 email@example.com
- Charles “Chuck” Maher, District 11 (R-Naperville), Majority Leader Phone: 630-357-0585 Phone: 630-642-2616 cmaher@willcountyIllinois.com
- Debbie Militello, District 6 (R-Channahon) Phone: (815) 715-1703 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donald Moran, District 3 (D-Romeoville) Phone: 815-370-2966 email@example.com
- Judy Ogalla, District 1 (R-Monee) Phone: 708-710-3701 firstname.lastname@example.org
- James (Jim) Moustis, District 2 (R-Frankfort), County Board Speaker Phone: 815-469-4907 Jmoustis@willcountyillinois.com
- Annette Parker, District 9 (R-Crest Hill) Phone: 815-955-9778 email@example.com
- Beth Rice, District 3 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-699-1639 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cory Singer, District 2 (R-Frankfort) Phone: 815-685-2100 email@example.com
- Lauren Staley-Ferry, District 9 (D-Joliet) Phone: 224-217-8722 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurie Summers, District 1 (D-Crete) Phone: 779-279-6883 email@example.com
- Jacqueline Traynere, District 4 (D-Bolingbrook) Phone: 630-240-9178 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Tuminello, District 12 (R-New Lenox) Phone: 815-405-8452 email@example.com
- Tom Weigel, District 12 (R-New Lenox) Phone: 815-722-0881 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Winfrey, District 8 (D-Joliet) Phone: 815-722-4220 Cell: 815-258-2403 email@example.com
Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM | Permalink